Summer is a great time to explore and learn things you can’t during the school year due to monumental amounts of homework. I especially love DIY’ing and teaching myself new things that are fun and a way to spend time at home. I have also started a lot of the things on my bucket list so I decided to share those with you all as well. I hope you enjoy and get inspired to try something creative today as well! Enjoy!
- Faux calligraphy + hand lettering
So, I have a study blog on tumblr (you can follow me here) and the students on there have the most beautiful and calming cursive. I think it is always a great skill to have beautiful handwriting because even though we are in a technological age, writing is a skill that will never go out of style (yes I sang that like T. Swift’s song). Above is my attempt at pretty “fonts.”
- Make homemade Ice cream:I have heard about homemade ice cream in my bio classes, but I have yet to try and make it. So, this summer I thought would be the perfect time to try!
- Read 15 booksI have loved reading since I was little, but because of all my classes, I never get to read throughout the year. So this summer I put aside time to relax and read (do I sound like a grandma? I swear i’m only a teen!)
- Film and edit videosAnother pleasure of mine, I love capturing moments in the world. I just got my all powerful Mac for my birthday so I am excited to practice filming and editing.
- Learn how to draw fashion models (oh no)
Okay, so I used to be a little obsessed with Project Runway, and I envied the fashion designers ability to sketch models so quickly! I wanted to self teach myself the basics… and for the first time I was kinda, sorta proud of myself!
- BIG DIY PROJECT
If you put me in Michaels Craft store and gave me $500 I would be a happy human being. I absolutely love arts and crafts and I have been saving a bunch of ideas from Pinterest to try and DIY! Expect a DIY post soon!
- Road trip (document!)
My family and I may or may not be going on a vacation soon and I really wanted to document it so (once again) I could practice my filming and editing skills.
Yeah I don’t really see this one being a big hit but I am really going to try and be able to do 100 sit ups and 50 squats. It’s a challenge, trust me.
- Create a custom calendar
I have done this one and I am so proud of myself for it! It took about 1 hour and I think it turned out great follow me on my tumblr blog (follow me here) for a free printable soon!
- Summer 2k16 Pool Party
I want to have a day with my friends where we have lots of fun, and what better way to do that than have an epic pool party complete with pizza and all?!